Dental x-rays are a valuable diagnostic tool because visual exams tell us only part of the story of what's happening with your oral health. Using x-rays, we can detect problems that are developing deep inside your teeth that we can’t see with a visual exam. This capability allows us to catch conditions like dental decay in their earliest stages when they are easy to treat and long before they cause you any discomfort.
But Dr. Chinara Garraway and our team understand that many of our patients are concerned about the level of radiation they are exposed to during a dental x-ray. For this reason, we use only digital x-rays at our Tallahassee dental office because our utmost concern is for your comfort and safety.
The Benefits of Using Digital X-Rays
At Blissful Dental Spa, we are all about making your experiences with us as pleasant and stress-free as possible. Today, digital technology is used increasingly to improve the speed, comfort, and efficiency of many dental treatments we offer.
When used for x-rays, digital dentistry offers numerous benefits compared to film x-rays:
- Taking images with digital x-rays is faster and improves the speed and accuracy of our diagnostics.
- Digital x-rays expose you to significantly less radiation than film x-rays; some estimates say 80 to 90 percent less! However, we will also use a lead apron to further protect you from the low levels of radiation.
- Since they’re digital, we can enlarge the images so Dr. Garraway can detect small problems with ease and plan treatment immediately.
- Electronic sensors that are flat and smooth, and fit comfortably in your mouth.
Digital X-Rays Keep You Informed
The digital images are available within moments and can be displayed on your chairside monitor, making digital x-rays a valuable educational tool. This leading-edge technology allows Dr. Garraway to zoom in on the image, so she can point out the problem and explain why a specific treatment can help.
At Blissful Dental Spa, we are committed to keeping our patients informed about matters that affect their oral health. Seeing the problem for yourself ensures that you have the information you need to make confident decisions about dentistry for you and your family.
The Practical Advantages of Digital Imaging
As you can see, digital dental x-rays offer numerous advantages for you, the patient. But the benefits don’t stop there:
- Digital images are stored in your electronic patient history, making them easy to access as needed to monitor and track the progression of certain conditions and treatments.
- We can easily share your x-rays with insurance providers or specialists as necessary, which eliminates any inconvenience for you.
- Since we don’t need to use chemicals as we do with film x-rays, digital x-rays are better for the environment.
Please Call to Schedule a Dental Exam
We believe in taking advantage of modern dental technology like digital x-rays at our Tallahassee dental office to improve your comfort and deliver the best possible long-term outcomes.
If you would like to learn more about how we use technology to benefit you, please call us at (850) 203-4143 to arrange a dental appointment with Dr. Garraway.